A Great Craft: Homemade Pillowcase



I just had to show you pictures of my latest craft project!

My mom makes homemade pillowcases for my kids, and they just LOVE them. She uses really cozy flannel material, and she customizes it with their names. Their "Grandma pillows" are such a special thing for them.

I decided to give it a try. I didn't want to make them for my own kids though, since it's my mom's special thing to make for them. So I made one for my friend's daughter. It was so much fun to make! And Karissa really loves it (so I'm told).

The hardest part was choosing fabrics. I really lucked out with the puppy fabric...she's a fanatic about puppies! But it didn't seem like a very "pretty" pattern, so I prettied it up with the flowered fabric for the hem. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Isn't it cute?! :)
*************************************************************************************
To go to my most recent post, click HERE

For more of my WFMW posts and "quick tips", click
HERE

Or, of course, you can always head back to
Rocks In My Dryer for more of today's WFMW

Angie  – (3/14/2008 03:57:00 PM)  

What a great idea. I should try that sometime, I know my kids would love having their names on their pillows.

That Karissa sure sounds like a sweet girl, she must make a great niece!! hehe :)

I was also going to tell you that I LOVE the flower pictures that took. They are beautiful!! And I agree with Jen.

Becky Avella  – (3/15/2008 01:25:00 PM)  

Karissa DOES love it. And it's hard to believe, but it's even cuter in real life. You remain as always, my beloved Martha.

: ) Becky

Overwhelmed!  – (3/18/2008 09:53:00 PM)  

So what did you use to spell out her name like that?

Daiquiri  – (3/18/2008 10:10:00 PM)  

I printed the letters off of my computer (you could do lots of different fun fonts). Then I cut the letters out, and used them as templates for my fabric.

I used "Steam a Seam" type stuff to adhere the letters to the fabric, and then I stitched around each letter for a decorative and more permanent finish.

-Daiquiri

Rocks In My Dryer  – (3/18/2008 10:27:00 PM)  

Those are so cute! Really love the personalization.

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing.  – (3/19/2008 08:00:00 AM)  

That is a really neat idea and would make some great gifts. Thanks for sharing!

Mom2fur  – (3/19/2008 11:36:00 AM)  

Great job! I love the fabric. Now that you've had fun making this, you could think about pillow cases for various holidays, too! (You might still be able to find Valentine's Day fabric on clearance--good for next year's pillowcase, LOL!)

Anonymous –   – (4/02/2009 11:25:00 AM)  

Hello, I was curious if you used a specific pattern to make the pillow cases, as I see they have a border and all. Thank you for sharing.

Becca

Post a Comment




  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP