Pro Choice? Pro Life? A Great Article...

One of my favorite bloggers, Shannon from Rocks In My Dryer, has written a very well thought out, logical, respectful article at Blogher on the topic of abortion.


To read her article, click
here. The comments that follow her article are also very interesting. I appreciate that the conversation going on over there is so...civilized.


As for my views...well, if you know me, you know I'm pro-life. I agree with Shannon in that we can not know with 100% certainty just when life begins. If we knew, then it would be easy. But since we do not know, I believe we must err on the side of caution.


How about you? I'd love to have our own little conversation here on this topic. That is, of course, if we can do it nicely! Are you pro-choice? Your thoughts are welcome here. In fact, I'd love to understand where you're coming from. And what about the death penalty? Do you think that the two issues are inherently linked, or do you believe we can be pro-life and "pro"-death penalty?

Theresa  – (2/04/2008 01:23:00 PM)  

With both of my pregnancy's we heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks. I always thought of myself as pro-choice...until I heard that little beat. It's not whether it's a baby it's WHEN it's a baby. Can't argue with the fact that it will BECOME a baby.
Theresa

Daiquiri  – (2/04/2008 04:18:00 PM)  

Good point - There's something that "shifts" in you when you hear that heartbeat for the first time, isn't there?
Daiquiri

Hilty Sprouts  – (2/04/2008 04:43:00 PM)  

I know that as a woman who suffered through infertility, the though of abortion brought me to tears. I kept thinking that if the women who were facing this decision only knew that there were so many couples out there ready to love their baby, then they might make a different choice. I'm certainly not saying this to judge anyone but to offer hope and "a way where there seems to be no way".

Jen

Daiquiri  – (2/04/2008 05:39:00 PM)  

I wish I understood this better. It seems to be fairly common knowledge that there are lots of couples who want to adopt. And yet there are still tons of abortions happening. Where is the disconnect?

Post a Comment




  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP