Recipe: Frozen Yogurt Treats





I was going to wait to post this on a Works For Me Wednesday, but I just couldn't wait! We had so much fun making this (mostly) nutritious treat that I just had to share it today.


We took some cookie cutters in the shape of letters...M,D,B,C,S (mom, dad, Ben, Clara, Sammy). We put them on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, and spooned our favorite yogurt into them. Just for fun and added nutrition, we added some sprinkles. Then we popped it into the freezer for about an hour. We were able to gently push them right out of the cookie cutters without a single casualty (whew!).


The kids LOVED them, and I liked that they were having a healthy treat.


As we were all sitting at the table gobbling up our respective letters, we were coming up with ideas for the next time we make them. We thought it might be fun to layer different flavors of yogurt...or do a yogurt-sprinkle-yogurt style "sandwich"...or my personal favorite: do a vanilla yogurt-chocolate (syrup or chip)-yogurt "sandwich". Have I mentioned that I'm a chocolate addict? It would also be fun to cut up some extra fresh fruit or add frozen berries. Or maybe put some cookie crumbs in the middle (vanilla wafers or...oooo...Oreos!) The variations are endless!


I think I might make these on Valentine's Day with our heart shaped cookie cutter. I'll have to make them one at a time since I only have one cookie cutter, but it will be worth it. Maybe I'll wrap them in waxed paper with a little ribbon and store them in the freezer until after dinner. They can all open their very own "lovey" from Mommy.


Give it a try - a fun project AND a healthy treat. Enjoy
!


P.S. Drop me a line to let me know how they turn out for you!

Hilty Sprouts  – (1/31/2008 08:30:00 PM)  

Wow, that is a great idea! How do you come up with all this stuff? I'm going to try this tomorrow with the kids.

Jen

Anonymous –   – (2/01/2008 06:58:00 PM)  

I'm all over the Valentine's Day idea. I'm stealing this one for sure. I also used your mail center idea and have loved it!! Thanks for a great site.

Liz

Post a Comment




  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP